Relevant examples of our staff’s professional experience, both before and with Artemis Financial Controls LLC, include the following:
• Investigated and identified the perpetrator of a fraudulent expense reimbursement scheme aggregating $300,000.
• Prepared monthly cash reports to the U.S. Trustee, compiled pre-petition creditor claims and prepared weekly cash disbursement analysis reports to the administrator of a company involved in Chapter 11 proceedings.
• Researched and compiled potential preferential payments. Reviewed and challenged billings submitted by opposing counsel’s consultants and for companies involved in Chapter 11 proceedings.
• Implemented Fresh Start Accounting in connection with a company’s emergence from Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
• Investigated and compiled personal expenditures made by a CEO on his company’s corporate credit card.
• Performed multiple analyses and documented conclusions and recommendations in written reports (often referred to as "white papers") in connection with the implementation of new accounting guidance, including Statement of Financial Report Standards No. 141 Business Combinations (“SFAS No. 141”), No. 142 Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets (“SFAS No. 142”) and No.144 Accounting for Asset Impairment.
• Reviewed and analyzed, in coordination with a company’s investment bankers, multiple equity and enterprise valuation reports in connection with a company’s Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings and in connection with its implementation of SFAS No. 141 and 142.